The PVARF will cover poster printing costs for VA investigators presenting primary research data at scientific meetings. To be eligible, the data to be presented must be from an R&D approved project and the PI must submit a completed PDF of the poster to the R&D Office using the form found here at least 7 business days prior to meeting departure. The poster must acknowledge VA research support and VA employment according to the following:
PROCEDURES FOR ACKNOWLEDGING VA RESEARCH SUPPORT AND VA EMPLOYMENT
- Acknowledgement of VA Research Support.
- “This material is based upon work supported (or supported in part) by the Office of Research and Development (add as applicable Medical Research Service, Rehabilitation R&D Service, Health Services R&D Service, or Cooperative Studies Program), Department of Veterans Affairs.”
- If VA provided no direct research funding, but the research involved the use of other VA resources, e.g., facilities or patients, publications or presentations must contain a similar acknowledgement. For example, “This material is the result of work supported with resources and the use of facilities at the (name and location of VA medical center).”
- Acknowledgement of VA Employment. Authors of posters must acknowledge their employment using the following format: “VA Title, VA Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, [City], [State].”
- When the author also holds a faculty appointment, the academic title and school also may be acknowledged.
- When the Principal Investigator (PI) has a 5/8ths or more VA appointment, VA must be named first, regardless whether VA is the primary source of funding or where the funds are administered.