- Non-Profit organization enacted by Congress to facilitate medical research and Education programs conducted at the VAPORHCS
- Provides flexible mechanism for the administration of funds in support of research, education and training.
Education activities supported by PVARF
- Work related instruction or learning experiences for employees improving performance of duties, gaining specialized proficiencies & expand understanding of changes in patient care.
- For Veterans under VHA care, the education & training may include instruction & learning related to improving & maintaining health.
Who can set up an Education account?
- Individuals with staff appointments who are awarded an education grant.
- A service chief that receives funds for the benefit of the education & training of employees, patients or caregivers.
- The responsible individual or designee for an education or training initiative or activity at the VAPORHCS.
Types of Programs
- Patient Related Activities
- Education activities for Veterans, their families and guardians, including instruction or other learning experiences related to improving or maintaining the health of Veterans.
- Employees work-related experiences for employees
- Improve performance of current duties
- Assist employees in maintaining or gaining specialized proficiencies
- Expand understanding of advances or changes in patient care, technology, or health care administration.
How to set up an Account
- Upon securing funds or a donor for an education activity an “Education Account Request” form must be submitted to the PVARF Executive Director. The form is located on our website under forms.
- The form must identify the type of Education activity, the donor, a budget and the purpose of the account.
- The request form will then be presented to the ACOS-Education.
- The ACOS-Education will review the activity or program, the budget and approve or disapprove.
- Upon approval an “Education Account” will be set up in the PVARF and the initiator notified by the Executive Director.
Administration of the Account
- All monies will be deposited into the education account set up by the PVARF accounting office.
- An education account will be subject to Indirect Costs on all deposits based on the restrictions of the granting agency.
Fund Deposits & Disbursements
All funds received and disbursed must follow the provisions of the award.
- Educational Grants
- Ok to contract for type of activity/date/media.
- NOT OK to have strings about objectives, agenda, faculty selection etc.
- NOT OK for donor to participate in planning process or have any marketing influence in activity.
- NOT OK for faculty to negotiate with donor- only CME sponsor should.